How to Build Bigger Chest Musclesby Vincent Wright on 11/03/13
Want A Bigger Chest? Here Are Some Key Points to Build a Massive Chest!
Top 4 Chest Building Exercises.
- Bench Press. Allows you to stress your body with heavy weights. Forget about getting a bigger chest if you can't at least bench your body-weight for 5x5 (so at least 160lbs for 5x5 if you weigh 160lbs).
- Push-ups. Closed-chain exercise. Useless done for reps without added resistance. Do Push-ups against a resistance band or weighted.
- Weighted Dips. If your shoulders can take them: dips between parallel bars while wearing a belt with weight will build your chest muscles.
- Dumbbell Press. Increase chest growth by stretching your pecs on the way down. But you can't use as much weight as with barbells.
Top 3 Chest Building Mistakes. Training your chest muscles 4x week using pro bodybuilders routines is wasting your time. Especially if you're skinny.
- Isolation Exercises. You can't stress your chest with heavy weights using exercises like dumbbell flies. So you won't trigger the release of Testosterone & Growth Hormone as much as with compounds.
- Eating Like a Pigeon. You'll never get a big chest if you're 120lbs. Training your chest 3 times a week. You won't get bigger unless you eat more.
- Isolating Your Chest. Although your chest has to 2 main heads, it's 1 muscle and contracts as a whole. You can't isolate your upper or lower chest. You can only emphasize it.
- Do Heavy Compounds. Free weight compound exercises like the Squats,Deadlift, Bench Press and Overhead Press are the fastest way to build overall strength & bulk. Do them often & heavy.
- Eat more often
- Lift Fast. Lifting fast recruits more muscle fibers and lets you use more weight, which stimulates chest growth. Lift as fast as you can on the way up with good technique. Way down under control but not slow.
- Rest, proper rest helps the muscles grow. Do not over train muscles!
- Use Proper Technique. A partial bench press doesn't work your chest through a full range of motion. Touch your shirt on the way down, lock your elbows at the top. Lower the weight if you have to.